Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Jacques Torres Chocolate Chip Cookies





I have been wanting to make the famous Jacques Torres chocolate chip cookies for a while now, and they did not disappoint!  These are cookies for serious chocolate chip cookie lovers.  They are loaded with chocolate, they are super moist and chewy, and they are probably the best chocolate chip cookies I've ever had.  They aren't hard to make, you just need patience as the dough sits in the refrigerator for a couple of days so all of the flavors can meld.  As long as you use the dough within 72 hours, you can make several batches of cookies, which I really liked because, as everyone knows, cookies fresh out of the oven are the best.

Jacques Torres Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 cups minus 2 Tbsp cake flour
1 2/3 cups bread flour
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp coarse salt
2 1/2 sticks (1 1/4 cups) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
1 cup + 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
2 large eggs, room temperature
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 pounds bittersweet chocolate, at least 60% cacao content
sea salt, for sprinkling

Sift flours, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a bowl.  Set aside.

Using a mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream butter and sugars until very light, about 5 minutes.  Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.  Stir in the vanilla.  Reduce speed to low, add dry ingredients and mix until just combined, 5-10 seconds.  Drop chocolate pieces in and incorporate them without breaking them.  Press plastic wrap against dough and refrigerate for 24-36 hours.  Dough may be used in batches, and can be refrigerated for up to 72 hours.

When ready to bake, heat oven to 350 degrees.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat.

Scoop mounds of dough (slightly smaller than golf balls) onto baking sheet.  Sprinkle lightly with sea salt and bake until golden brown but still soft, 15-18 minutes.  Transfer sheet to a wire rack for 10 minutes, then slip cookies onto another wire rack to cool a bit more.  Repeat with remaining dough, or reserve dough, refrigerated with plastic wrap against dough, for baking remaining batches the next day.

source:  The New York Times

12 comments:

  1. Those look amazing!! I doubt they'd turn out any good if I made them gluten free since they need cake flour and regular flower, so I'll imagine eating them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, my healthy breakfast doesn't sound quite as good as these darn cookies! I'm going to have to attempt to make these when we get back from our trip

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing better than the traditional 'ol chocolate chip cookie! I can practically taste them through the screen. YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am always a sucker for some chocolate chip cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Jacques Torres cookies. They are really reeeally good. And these look like the real thing too. Super flat, chocolately and everything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. GET. OUT. No you didn't!!!!! There's a Jacques Torres in Rockefeller Center and wow are those cookies good. I'll have to try this next time I have people over - these cookies are so beyond!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that they're flat and crispy. My favorite kind!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those look amazing - I've had to quit sugar for a while and it is soooo hard!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow. These look absolutely incredible. So delish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sherri Lynn! I keep seeing you comment on Colleen's blog (one of my faves) so I thought I'd come over to yours to peek around and say HI! :)

    That picture of the dough?? I die. I am such a dough lover. It's kinda crazy.

    I've been actually wanting to try making these for awhile now. I think I'll need to do it soon! Looks so so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bookmarking this! I've been looking for a new recipe. I'm kind of over the tollhouse recipe...

    Amy


    Fashion and Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete