Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Blueberry-Poppy Seed Bread



I love lemon-poppy seed muffins and bread, but Caleb doesn't get into lemon-flavored things much.  When I saw this recipe for blueberry-poppy seed bread, I thought it would be a perfect compromise for us!  I'm so excited that it's berry season - baking with fresh berries is one of my favorite things!  

Blueberry-Poppy Seed Bread
1 1/3 cups vegetable oil
3 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder 
2 1/2 cups sugar
pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups milk
3 eggs
1 1/2 Tbsp poppy seeds
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup blueberries

Heat the oven to 350 degrees.  Spray 5 mini loaf pans (about 5 x 3") with nonstick cooking spray.  Whisk the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a large bowl.  Beat the milk, vegetable oil, eggs, poppy seeds, and vanilla extract in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment on medium speed until combined.  Gradually beat in the flour mixture until well combined.  Fold the blueberries into the batter with a spatula.

Divide the batter among the prepared pans and bake until golden on top and toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 60-70 minutes.  Transfer the pans to a rack and let cool about 10 minutes, then remove the loaves to the rack to cool completely.  

source: recipe adapted from Food Network Magazine, May 2012

7 comments:

  1. I love some blueberry muffins! This looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds yummy! I agree, fresh berries are wonderful! Can't wait to pick some fresh blueberries soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, poppy seed muffins are my favorite and I really love blueberries too so I know this would go over well for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty and perfect for summer. I love blueberry bread.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yummy. This looks like such a delicious recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i was mentioning to my co-worker today how happy i am that it's berry season. the best! this is a great take on lemon poppyseed (i love lemon too) - maybe i'll put in some zest for just a little bit ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the plate :)

    ReplyDelete