Tuesday, April 3, 2012

March Goals & Life Update

via
Wow we're already into April!  I need to review my goals from March.  I had just a few and they were all about work:

1. Learn my new job:  I love my job!  I really feel like I've gotten into a good rhythm at work.  I've loved learning a new field and have really enjoyed being challenged again.  I look forward to going into work each day and am so thankful for that!

2. Manage my time well:  the first couple of weeks this was a challenge, but I juggled things around and think I have a good schedule down now.  My day is super structured now, which I like, because it ensures that I get the things done that I want to.  There are evenings that I don't finish my blog post for the next day, but I've come to realize that's okay.  

3. Get to know my co-workers:  I LOVE the people I work with!  I'm so blessed to be in the office that I am.  Everyone gets along, there's no drama or gossip, and I truly enjoy my co-workers.  

Overall I am SO happy with my new job and schedule!  Caleb says I'm much happier now that I've been working.  It's nice to get out of the house and interact with people instead of working by myself at home all the time.  I don't miss my old job at all, which is a surprise to me since I had done it for so long.  In other news, this past weekend we went to my in-laws to spend time with Caleb's family.  It was the first time we had all been together in almost six months!  We got to meet our new niece (first grandbaby on Caleb's side!) and celebrate my sister-in-law's engagement.  It was a full weekend after a busy week at work last week, so I feel like I'm still recovering and catching up on sleep!


Giveaway update:  the winner of the OXO food scale is Jillian M.!  Jillian, email me your mailing address so I can get your scale to you!  Thanks for playing everyone :)

16 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are loving your new job! Hope you got your SB card in the mail :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's such a great weekend - so many exciting things for your family! and to number 2 - yes, it's totally ok. I've come to learn the same thing. sometimes making dinner, sleep and being prepared for the next day are more important. so glad you're happy in this new job. that's always such a good feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you are loving your new job - and the co-workers! I should get your help in the time-management area :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are super busy! Seriously, so busy, but I can tell from this post that you're really really happy! I can't believe that it's already April though. It overwhelms me a little bit, but I can already tell that this is going to be a giant and fantastic year by how much we're setting goals for ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that is such a good feeling when you love your job! So happy for you! I am usre your co-workers all love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!!!! It's so refreshing to hear that you are loving your job so much :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. glad you are loving your job!! i feel like you get to see your family really often - that is awesome! miss you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats on the new job! I must have missed your sharing about that!! Hope you continue to enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's always refreshing to hear when someone loves their jobs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How wonderful that you are loving your new job and enjoying your co-workers. Continued blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah so wonderful! Glad you are loving your job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Transitioning to a new job can be super stressful, so I'm glad you're loving yours!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wooooooo! Yay! Emailing you right now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad to hear things are going well! Life is always so much better when you like your job...I have had many that I didn't like and it really makes a difference in your mood (especially when you come home).

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are really lucky to have such a wonderful job! Not many people can say that about what they do.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow just what I needed, a monthly list of goals, thank you for the reminder...
    And congrats on the new job!

    Hugs & kisses from South Florida,
    http://acasadava.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete