Monday, April 9, 2012

3-Day Weekends

{Easter candy}

{went to our first baseball game of the year via}

{finally read The Hunger Games! SO good}

Aren't three-day weekends the best?  Caleb and I had planned on traveling this past weekend for a mini-getaway, but at the last minute we decided to just stay home.  I am SO glad we did!  I feel so incredibly relaxed!

Friday we spent a good chunk of the day running errands and getting things done, taking a break for a lunch date with some good southern BBQ.  Then we spent the late afternoon by the pool!  Friday night we went to the Good Friday service, which was wonderful and focused our hearts and minds on Easter.

Saturday we slept in, and I think I stayed in my pajamas until noon (bliss!).  After lunch we spent the entire afternoon reading by the pool...I read magazines that had been piling up on our coffee table and had a phone date with a dear friend.  Saturday night we went to a baseball game with friends.  The weather was absolutely perfect - a clear blue sky, and when it finally got dark the moon was orange and huge and full.

Our Easter service on Sunday was really good, and we came home and had lunch just the two of us.  We laid by the pool for a little bit in the afternoon, went on a walk, and then had dinner with my aunt and uncle.  It was just a fun and relaxing weekend with a good balance of spending time just the two of us and being with friends and family.  How was your Easter/weekend?

P.S. I decided to have two winners of the Frank Peretti book giveaway, and they are Colleen and Anna!  Ladies please email me your mailing addresses :)

11 comments:

  1. Yay, you read Hunger Games! Awesome, right? I couldn't get enough.

    Good for you doing the extended weekend thing. Those are the best. Every week should have at least 3 weekend days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three day weekends are the best! We had such a nice time but now no one want to start the new week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the perfect weekend to me! I'm so glad you had some an enjoyable one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. here I am going "wow what an awesone weekend...no it just got better...no it just got better" and then I won a book. yay! so jealous of your lovely pool-filled weekend. I'm glad you had such a wonderful Easter (also we have the same exact taste in Easter candy. of course). email me at: Colleen.mackey@gmail.com. woo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a lovely weekend. Makes it so much harder to start off Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like our weekend, minus the pool! =>JEALOUS! However, it was a beautiful weekend for it. That first picture of the Easter candy looked like our house Friday, until the hubs got home to his Easter basket. It's not more now. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a relaxing weekend, that sounds so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sitting by the pool?? I only wish pool weather was here for us now! I'm relaxed just hearing about your weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your weekend sounds like a spa vacation to me - I would kill for some pool time! And I can't wait to take the kids to a ballgame this summer, so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so jealous of all the pool time that you are getting in! I definitely need some pool/beach time, but it's not quite warm enough up here yet. Glad you had a relaxing weekend! I'm hoping to have one this weekend :) Minus my road race.

    ReplyDelete
  11. GREAT photos, girl! I'm new here and I LOVE the look and feel of your site so far! Off to check out some more posts. Have a wonderful week! xo

    ReplyDelete