Thursday, March 1, 2012

March: Aim Higher

via

I can't believe it's already March!  Where is 2012 going?!  I'm plugging right along through my happiness project and it's time to make my goals for March!

The March chapter in The Happiness Project is all about work, which is quite appropriate because I started a new job on Monday!  It's going well so far and I think I'm really going to like it.  Yesterday was my last day of my other job, so the beginning of this week was really busy trying to juggle both jobs!  It will be nice to be able to focus entirely on my new job and get used to that adjustment.  My goals for March are:

1. Learn my new job, obviously.  This is an entirely new field of work for me so I have a lot to learn.  I had been doing my other job for six years, so it's been a while since I've had to start fresh and learn a new company, etc.  I do love learning new things and I like a challenge, so I've enjoyed this big change.  I don't really know what specific goals to make yet since today is only day #4.  But I'm hoping that this month will be a month of learning and feeling comfortable with my new responsibilities.

2. Manage my time well.  I am used to working from home where I can juggle my work schedule between errands and making dinner and doing laundry.  Going into work and being in an office all day has been the biggest adjustment for me.  I need to re-figure my cooking, cleaning, keeping up with the house, and blogging schedules.  I don't want to give anything up so I'm going to need to use my time wisely and not waste any.

3. Get to know my co-workers.  I really like everyone I'm working with, which is such a blessing. I want to get to know them better and feel like I'm contributing to the positive work atmosphere we have going on.

18 comments:

  1. congrats on the new job! so exciting. can't wait to hear an update at the end of march.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few tips with now working out of home. Make the crockpot your besttttttttt friend! I love mine. I think I should name her one day. But instead of cooking something all day, try cooking something over night. Then you will have food to take for lunch that day versus waiting for dinner. Or if you can't be home in time before it shuts off. Or cooking during work day for dinner works as well. Planning meals on weekends and having all your shopping done. If you prep on sat or sun for the week it makes things soo much easier during the week to help out time wise. And one thing I am learning, is to not be so anal about clean house during the week. Unless someone is coming over or I have no forks to use, it's ok to have dirty dishes and a messy house. You can pick it up on the weekend. I would rather spend time with my husband, or get my work out in than stress over dirty dishes. It really isn't worth it, and causes a lot of strife. Esp if hubs doesn't help out. So learning to let go of being tidy alll the time is hard, but it will take a lot of stress off you. And my husband has really started helping tidy up here and there during the week too which is helpful. Even if it's just picking up the table or putting mail away. Simple things that can make a mess if left alone too long. Good luck with the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you!! New jobs are exciting, but challenging. I always hate the first week because nothing feels familiar. You seem to be doing well so far! Can't wait to hear updates!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your new job! It is always nice to have a change but also kind of scary b/c you're so used to things a certain way. Good luck gal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kudos on the new job! May it be something you truly come to find fulfilling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All good goals to me, but um... WHEN DID YOU GET A NEW JOB?!?!? And not tell me. Am I that out of the loop! Congrats :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! I know switching from going to work to being at home was a huge adjustment so I'm sure the opposite will be as well. Looks like you have some great goals in place to manage it well :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats!! I'm so happy for you. New jobs are exciting and you are going to be great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck on the new job! It is always so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the new job! It is so exciting...but it can certainly be daunting those first couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for you new job!!! That's so exciting. I'm sure you'll love it and make lots of friends with your co-workers. I'm sure you'll get into a schedule to do all the things you love too.

    - Sarah
    http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad you're enjoying your job and your co-workers! Praying that you will find the perfect balance with all of the things on your plate.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the new job! Very happy for you! Sounds like some great goals for March!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay! What a fun new chapter for you. Where are you working now?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good luck on the new job! I hope you love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a great list! I also need to work on managing my time. I SUCK at this haha...

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can relate to your point on managing time. I feel like there are not enough hours in a day! Especially when you have a job that sucks up a lot of your time. It takes a while, but you'll figure out your groove eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So great to hear that you are liking your new job! Can't believe you are done with typing!

    ReplyDelete