Friday, January 6, 2012

Recap of 2011

This week I've been caught up in making my goals for 2012, organizing the house after a 10-day holiday, and thinking about all of the projects I want to get done this year.  I need to chill out for a second and look back on 2011!  Because this blog is a scrapbook of sorts, I want to go over some of the highlights of the past year, especially because some of them I never blogged about.

At the beginning of the year I started this blog as a creative outlet for myself.  
via

The first few months of the year we were busy getting plugged into our Bible study and opening our home to many people, mostly college students.  I was also in two of my closest friends' weddings.  
I also failed at taking pictures of our life - whoops.
via

























via

In May we went to the beach twice: once with my family and once
with Caleb's family.  We had gorgeous weather both trips
and loved the time we were able to spend with our families!

In the summer Caleb was looking to switch jobs, so we were busy traveling for different interviews.
This picture was from the 18 hours we were in Nashville.

Our favorite part of the year was our vacation to Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons!  

August marked the arrival of my first nephew!  He is the sweetest little boy!

At the end of the summer, Caleb accepted a job and two weeks later 
we moved away from our first home together.

In September I ran my first race!

In November we visited Caleb's grandparents' farm.

We were able to spend Thanksgiving weekend with my whole family!

We celebrated our second married Christmas together with lots of Christmas activities.


Looking back, this year did not turn out like we expected.  Caleb was enrolled to go back to school for his MBA, meaning we were staying where we were for a few more years.  Then everything changed: Caleb got a new job, we're living in a different state, and we're looking for a house to settle down in here!  I'm so thankful that our lives are ultimately in the Lord's hands, and that He is in control - not us!  We are so incredibly happy where we are and praise the Lord for all He's blessed us with!

19 comments:

  1. Sherri this was so wonderful! I love the pictures and I am so happy for you and caleb! You are so right our lives are totally in God's Hands. Love you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of those things seem like they happened so long ago! And I'm so happy that you guys are so happy where you are now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, you have had a very busy year, but it looks like 2011 was a very fun one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing year you've had, Sherri! Loved going back and reading some posts and seeing pictures that I hadn't seen before :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great and eventful year! I"m sure 2012 will be wonderful and full of surprises too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like a wonderful year! Great pictures! I hope your 2012 is full of happiness and many memories!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year! I love how you ended this post; I needed that great reminder. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, looks like you had a buys and awesome year! I don't know about you, but I'm excited to read all my favorite blogs for 2012 =)

    - Sarah
    http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome recap! I love the verse, "In his heart a man plans his ways, but the Lord directs his steps..." SO true for you all this past year! I'm glad for all that He's brought you through and can't wait to see what 2012 holds for you both. Love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh i loved this - and i'm so glad you started this blog. you have the best smile - it's like you're about to burst at the seams in each picture. so glad this year went well for the two of you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great year, it's so exciting that you met Michelle Obama!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So great to be able to trust in the Lord no matter the twists and turns our lives may take. I'm hoping our lives take a twist to the Grand Tetons this summer. That sounds like fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. hello, new follower here! if you dont mind me asking how old r u?? you look about my age and was just curious. I'm 20

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Alecia Leigh - a lady never tells her age! But I am definitely older than 20.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, so much in one year! You've had a full married life already, and it's only been about 1 1/2 years! It was fun to see your year in review. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Look like a good year. I give you props for meeting Mrs. Obama! Congrats on your new nephew. I am a new follower.

    Check out mines
    http://nmephotoblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi I found your blog and tried you chicken marinade with the cola! My family really liked it! Thought I'd share our favorite with you (I don't really measure so here are the ingredients) lemon juice, whorechestershire sauce, veg. oil, crushed garlic, dijon mustard.

    autumnmcox@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. 2011 was a big year for you! I think 2012 will be even better!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have had a really busy year with moving and job changes and everything! Hopefully 2012 will be another wonderful year too!

    ReplyDelete