Thursday, January 12, 2012

Peanut Butter Cup Cookies



Peanut butter and chocolate were meant to go together, and that's all there is to it.  Instead of making the traditional peanut butter cookies with the Hershey's kiss on top, we made the same dough but pressed a Reese's cup in the center of the dough before baking.  We think these are definitely the better version of the two!

Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, slightly softened
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla
1 bag of Reese's peanut butter cups

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Place bag of Reese's peanut butter cups in freezer until ready to use (this allows the wrappers to come off clean).  Sift flour, baking soda, and salt with a wire whisk and set aside.  Beat butter and peanut butter.  Add sugar and beat until fluffy.  Add egg and vanilla.  Add flour mixture and combine.  Roll dough into 1 to 1-1/2 inch balls and then roll the balls in granulated sugar to coat.

Press rolled balls into greased cavities of a mini muffin tin.  Press an unwrapped Reese's peanut butter cup into each. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.  Let cool in pans for 5-10 minutes.  Remove from pans and allow to finish cooling in wire racks.  Makes 2-3 dozen cookies.

source:  recipe from bakerella

20 comments:

  1. Oh my dear goodness, I am making these next time I have to make dessert for something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh me, oh my! Those look like they would taste like perfection right now! Check out my blog today, I tagged you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! These look to die for, peanut butter cups are one of my favorite candies! Who doesn't love peanut butter and chocolate?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, wow and wow! These look so amazing and satisfying! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love peanut buttery cookies - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooooh my gosh. That seriously looks amazing. I'm obsessed with Reese's, and now I must make these immediately. Or bribe you to make them for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, how yummy!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish you were my neighbor and maybe you would share some of your yummy treats with me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. PB & chocolate were DEFINATELY made to go together! Can you ship leftovers to me?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my.... I want these in my mouth RIGHT NOW! Yum :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. And how does one not eat 2-3 dozen in one sitting exactly? :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh. my. god. i need to try this sometime in the next few weeks. i mean seriously, this looks crazy good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. AMAZING girl!!! These are literally making my mouth water...yummers

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look so yummy! My husband is a HUGE lover of chocolate and peanut butter... I will have to make these for him!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ummm yes. Reese's are the key to my heart. I must make these soon!

    ReplyDelete