Thursday, December 8, 2011

Holiday Essentials

Let's talk about some essentials for the holiday season.

First up - a red sweater.  It keeps you warm, it puts you in the holiday spirit, and it's perfect for snuggling up on the couch for a Christmas movie.  Bonus: the boyfriend cardigan is casual but the cashmere makes it sexy.


This is the perfect top coat to keep your nails looking festive.  (I've had it on my toes for two weeks now and it still hasn't chipped.) 


A playlist ready for your holiday shindig, to keep you sane in the car while on the road with the crazies who are Christmas shopping, and of course to sing and dance to while in the kitchen.  I love Michael Bublé's album, but really I'm down with most anything.


A good supply of Christmas cookies.  They're fun to make, they're fun to eat, and they make a great gift.


What are a few of your holiday essentials?

P.S.  The winner of the Shabby Apple Necklace is #2 Natalie!

21 comments:

  1. I completely agree with your choices, especially the glittery topcoat. Nothing says 'festive' like a little shine and sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect list! Yes yes on the pretty sparkly gold polish! Such a fun color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Michael Buble's Christmas album, been listening to it a lot recently. One of my holiday essentials is a holiday candle. I've got one in my living room that smells like Christmas trees and it reminds me of how my Granny's house always smells at Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am on the hunt for another good red sweater (or 5). I've decided red is my new go-to color and I need more of it. Yay for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Musts for sure! Love the nail polish~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all these (especially the cookies). Nail polish like that is so fun but it's such a pain to take off. I would drive myself crazy trying to scrape the glitter off back in middle school! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a cardi addict so those are definately on my list of essentials for the holiday along with xmas music and some logs burning in the fire place!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very festive! Love them all...especially the cardigan. Congrats to Natalie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh I love red! It brightens you up and makes you feel all cozy. Now I am thinking of buying that Christmas CD on my iPod. And say what....I won that cool necklace? Super excited!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely holiday cookies and goodies are a must!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nothing beats warm sweater this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the Michael Buble Holiday! It is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love michael buble!! i've been listening to his cd non-stop!!

    love that top coat too! just put it on my nails!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My essentials are hot chocolate and spiced cider! Apparently holiday drinks are very important to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. yes! i have on gold polish too! it'll be on tomorrow's post. yours is cuter though. mine has more rainbow flecks. Enter my STYLEMINT giveaway for 5 free shirts! Create profile to enter.

    ReplyDelete
  16. everything is so perfect. especially that cashmere cardigan! i also need to throw in nat king cole. all christmas music is great but that's an essential one for me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i've got to get some sparkly nail polish, i'm seeing it everywhere!! hope you have a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Michael is playing right now! LOL! ITs my favorite CD this season!

    ReplyDelete
  19. When I saw the commercial for the Michael Bublé Christmas album, I gasped. Then my husband looked at me and rolled his eyes... whoops haha!

    ReplyDelete