Monday, December 19, 2011

The Biltmore

This past weekend for our little getaway we went to The Biltmore!  We had been to the Biltmore last year in the fall; that was our first time and we loved it!  But we have been wanting to see this incredible house decorated for Christmas, so Caleb took Friday off and we spent the day in Asheville.  The weather wasn't great, but since we were inside touring the house most of the time the rain wasn't a big deal.

The decorations did not disappoint: there was a Christmas tree in almost every room we toured (we saw 43 of the 250!), and the Christmas tree in the dining room was the most spectacular of all - 40 feet high!  There was also a gingerbread replica of the house in the kitchen; the details were impeccable!  The house wasn't crowded at all, so at times Caleb and I were the only ones walking down the hallways or looking in the rooms.  You're not allowed to take pictures inside the house, but I found a picture of the dining room with the Christmas tree and my other personal favorite- the library.  

If you ever have the chance, you must visit the Biltmore!  It is a beautiful house and it's so fun to imagine what life was like at the turn of the century - especially for millionaire Vanderbilt!  We definitely recommend purchasing the audio tour - you get lots of fun stories and background information that you would miss out on if you just breezed through.  


via

via





What did you do this past weekend?

24 comments:

  1. We should meet there for a girls weekend this spring when everything is in bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got engaged there in April (2003) and it was beautiful! We still love visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a precious weekend!!! and beautiful beautiful place!!!

    xo
    Classic & Bubbly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness looks like a Christmas dream. What a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you two had a wonderful weekend away! I've never been to the Biltmore, but I definitely think that I need to put this on my list :) Happy Christmas week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous!! what a wonderful little getaway :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun and romantic getaway! Good for you guys! You guys are seriously the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love (love!) to visit the Biltmore! I love old architecture like that! You two look fabulous, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh WOW! What a beautiful place... amazing pictures! You and your hubs are the CUTEST!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That place looks amazing! I would love to go there someday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i've always wanted to go to the biltmore, especially at christmas. it looks amazing! love that last picture of you two

    ReplyDelete
  12. You two are such a gorgeous couple! I've always wanted to go to the Biltmore! I've got to get around to that soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am super jealous! I have always wanted to go there. Maybe sometime next year. I've heard great things about it. Looks like you guys had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks incredible, I would love to see it in real life! That last pic. of you two is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh you just brought back some childhood memories! We took a family vacay when I was in middle school out that way and toured that home. I remember being in awe! I bet it looked spectacular in person for xmas:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a beautiful place! You guys look so happy in your photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. great pics!!! you really seemed to have fun there.. you two are really a blessed and adorable couple... love your blog..!!! following you now..

    join my christmas giveaway!!!

    http://voguelyvan.blogspot.com/2011/11/international-christmas-giveaway.html

    kissess!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm imagining all the trees and that just makes me happy! I hope to visit the Biltmore during Christmas one day.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh how very beautiful! I would love to visit someday!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this place and had the opportunity to horseback ride there and do some wine tasting. I hope to visit one Christmas as I'm told it is just spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow this looks amazing!!!!! Soooo perfect for Christmas too. Glad you guys had a great time!

    - Sarah
    http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for sharing this quality information with us. I really enjoyed reading. Will surely going to share this URL with my friends. lemont bathroom remodels

    ReplyDelete