Monday, September 19, 2011

A Fall Weekend

I know fall has not technically started, but this past weekend sure felt like fall!  We had cool weather for the first time and it felt good to have jeans on again.

Friday night we stayed in: we had chili for dinner and watched The Conspirator.  Have you seen it?  It's the story of the conspiracy behind President Lincoln's assassination, one that I never remember learning in history class.  We both really liked it--and that's rare for us!




Saturday we had tickets to box seats at the Clemson-Auburn game!  We love college football so we were so excited!  Our only dilemma was who to cheer for.  We now live in an area saturated with Clemson fans, but we are VT alums so we can't just become Clemson fans because they're both in the ACC!  In the end, I wore a plain orange shirt to proclaim my neutrality, and Caleb stuck with his VT shirt.  I was happy that Clemson won. . . as long as we beat them in two weeks!


Sunday we continued our search for a church and then were able to get a few things done around the house.  I'm always sad when Sunday nights come around because I know Caleb has to go back to work the next day.  

On the schedule for this week:  just a regular week + some fall baking and looking for a job

How was your weekend?

20 comments:

  1. love college football too - and amazing that clemson beat auburn. looks like an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had an awesome weekend! We went out with our good friends to celebrate some birthdays and had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a pretty great weekend to me! I know what you mean about the bittersweetness of Sunday nights...it's the same for me. Hope you have a wonderful week and good luck with the job search!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, I'm so jealous, I'd love to watch a game from a box suite! And my weekend was fabulous. I went to Lynchburg, and on Saturday I went apple picking with mom and dad and found some great treasures at an estate sales place. And on Sunday I got to chat with Ashley, Kathie, and your mom at church!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving the cooler weather too! You two are adorable!! Looking forwad to your fall recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you recognize that you can't cheer for 2 ACC teams :) That's always my husband's pet peeve when people cheer for the two teams in the same conference. Glad you stuck to your guns! :) It was a perfect football weather weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks like you guys had a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our week is good. We are currently looking for a new church too ( I think we may have found one, we'll see) So we enjoyed our Sunday. I wish I like football. I love everything that goes with it, but I get easily distracted everytime I try to watch a game haha.

    - Sarah
    http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute pic of you guys!! we love college football too - yay for the fall :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I watched part of the Clemson game on Saturday at the cook out M and I went to. One of our friends is an alum and a HUGE fan! Syracuse just joined the ACC which is very strange for me...no more Big East :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's so awesome you got to go to the game, what an upset it was! I hope you can find a home church to feel comfortable in :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jonathan and I watched The Conspirator a couple weeks ago and we both loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another bloggy friend of mine is an Auburn fan! She blogs about it all the time :) I have been dying to see that movie! I need to go add it to my Netflix queue! I'm a huge history buff! Glad you had a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whew! That's a lot of orange. Looks like you guys had fun. I wish I could have fun when football was involved. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like a terrific weekend. We watched the "King's Speech"; which we both ended up liking more than we had expected. We'll have to check out "The Conspirator".

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad you had a fun weekend...we will have to try out that movie, we are always looking for something new to watch!

    Good luck with the job hunting...that has got to be one of my least favorite things to do :(

    ReplyDelete
  17. how fun! it was a great game and y'all had great seats!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Went to my first college football game to watch VT ironically and it was totally fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Clemson games are so fun, I love that stadium, and the area, esp. during fall! But i'm a Penn State fan, Clemson comes second on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so fun! Can't wait to see you and run :)

    ReplyDelete