Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The NotWedding

A couple of weeks ago I was able to attend the NotWedding in Atlanta.  The NotWedding is the ultimate bridal show, complete with a ceremony and a sit-down dinner followed by dancing.  It is the most creative and fun way to see vendors at work, so that future brides can walk away with an idea of exactly what a particular vendor is able to offer for the big day.  Seeing and experiencing everything in person is way better than just a portfolio or a taste-testing session.  I wish I had had the NotWedding to attend when I was planning my wedding!  Future brides in the Atlanta, San Diego, or Orlando areas:  you should definitely plan to attend The NotWedding next summer!  Here are some images to show just how amazing this incredible event was.  You can see more of the event details here!

Venue:  Ambient Plus Studios. Lantern installation by Brown Linen and Co
image by once like a spark


Entrance design by Andrea Gray Harper.
left image by the long farewell. middle and right images by once like a spark


Gorgeous custom dress by Laurel and Fife. Handmade veil, flowers, and belt by Fine and Fleurie
Hair and makeup by Claudia Mejerle
images by the long farewell


Bridesmaids attire by Dress Your Core. Accessories by Fine and Fleurie
Flowers by Gertie Mae's. Hair & makeup by Claudia Mejerle.
image by once like a spark


Handmade invitations and beautiful tablescapes by a darling day.
images by the long farewell


Invitations, menus, and pennant pencils by buzzy craftery.
top and right images by chelsea patricia
bottom left image by the long farewell


Vintage furniture and accents by four inch fold vintage rentals.
left image by once like a spark
right images by the long farewell


The BEST food I've ever had at a wedding by Sun in My Belly
Beautiful installation in catering room by Amy Osaba.
left and top images by chelsea patricia
middle and bottom right images by the long farewell


Wedding cake by Apple Butter Bakery.
images by the long farewell


Delicious ice cream by West Side Creamery.
image by once like a spark


Letterpress invitations and programs by The Paperie at Sam Flax.
left image by once like a spark
right images by the long farewell


Table design by Nosh Swill & Bliss.
images by once like a spark


Floral design for the head table by Amy Osaba.
images by once like a spark


Hair flowers given to attending brides-to-be by Muncle Fred Art.
image by chelsea patricia


Band:  A-Town-A-List.  Lighting and sound by Live Event Solutions.
image by chelsea patricia

Watch the awesome video of the 2011 NotWedding here, by white dress media.

20 comments:

  1. That's one of the coolest ideas ever! I'm glad you got to attend it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a cool idea - and jealous you got to attend it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea!! I love the table with the eclectic chairs! I like that whole not super matchy idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow these are incredible i love those vintage chairs, what a cool bridal show, wish i could have attended!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun!! I have never been to one of these bridal shows.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Bridal Shows... this one looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all things wedding! Well in this case NotWedding :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea! I wish I had known about something like this when I got married!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post, Sherri! Callie is going to love this :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I heard about this event and it sounded amazing!

    ♥ Cat brideblu

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maybe when it's time to plan a wedding, I'll venture to one of these cities!

    ReplyDelete
  13. these things scare me, hahaha, therefore I chose a low key wedding ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. ooo, i love all things wedding!! this sounds like a blast :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow everything looks incredible, I would have loved to have gone!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks awesome! Glad you had fun and came away inspired x

    The Internet Garbage

    ReplyDelete
  17. omg. sounds like so much fun. i'm totally gonna look into it for next year. thanks for another amazing post. Would love if you'd check out my brand new CELEBRITY TREND REPORT and see pics from my latest stroll through Beverly Hills. Thanks love. xoxo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    Don't forget to follow on twitter for all the latest celebrity fashion news from an LA stylist.

    http://twitter.com/#!/fashboulevard

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow I have never heard of such a show but it completely makes sense. Lots of great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wooow! So much inspiration. Apart of your beautiful smile I have especially enjoyed look at the entrance designed by my favourite Andrea Gray, one of the top home designers of Toronto.

    ReplyDelete