Friday, July 1, 2011

Peach and Raspberry Crumble

After I made raspberry white chocolate muffins last week, I didn't know what to do with the leftover raspberries.  Then joy the baker saved the day by blogging this crumble recipe.  I love how well the sweet peaches go with the tartness of the raspberries.  Would you judge me if I ate this for breakfast?  Because I did.  It was delicious.


Peach and Raspberry Crumble
5-6 medium ripe peaches, sliced
1 cup fresh raspberries (or thaw and drain frozen ones)
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup old fashioned oats
1 tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt
1 stick unsalted butter, cold and cut into small cubes

Place sliced peaches and raspberries in an 8x8 baking dish.

In medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, oats, cinnamon, and salt.  Cut in the butter with a pastry blender.  Work together the flour mixture and the butter until it's crumbly.  Toss 1 cup of this mixture into the baking dish with the peaches and raspberries.  Stir together loosely.  Spread fruit evenly in dish and top with remaining crumb mixture.  Bake at 350 degrees until fruit is juicy and bubbling, and top of the crumble is slightly browned and crisp, about 30 minutes.

source:  recipe from joy the baker

28 comments:

  1. summer is so good for desserts it's not even funny. it's about time i made my peach cobbler since i already did my strawberry one. and yes, it's perfectly fine to eat dessert for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope I wouldn't judge you at all ;) this looks soooo good! Perfect for summer.

    I love Joy The Baker too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummie yummie!!! i wish i was better on the kitchen, but i don't know why i have tried a few times to do some bakery.. FAIL! :(

    this looks delicious<3

    xx
    http://www.trend-ish.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this looks like a delicious breakfast! :) Such a great summer recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love raspberries! This looks AWESOME! You always make me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm drooling Sherri. No joke. (Yes, that's gross, but this sounds amazing)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I that that makes a perfect breakfast - you've got fruit & oats in there! This sounds so good & so easy - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YUMMMMMMYYY! I like anything with the word "crumble" in it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't judge at all! It looks so good! I made a blueberry and raspberry cobbler this week and have been eating first and second desserts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. *YUM*!! I'll definitely be giving this a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Peach an raspberry! what a brilliant combination!
    Ask the Duplex

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this needs to be on the menu at our house this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks like the perfect dish for summer!
    xo
    Alexa
    www.theshortandthesweetofit.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks delicious! The peaches around here are delicious right now so this dessert is definitely on my to make list!

    ReplyDelete
  15. this looks so amazing!! You're making me hungry while I'm sitting at work! Is it acceptable for me to have pie for lunch! lol

    xo Jackie
    http://livingaftermidnite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks awesome! We are having friends in this weekend and I just might need to make this one night.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my word how heavenly!!! Enjoy your weekend!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. That crumble looks wonderful! I don't blame you at all for having it for breakfast :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. don't you just love joy the baker?! i could eat all her recipes :)

    happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. no judgment allowed. haha. This looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That sounds so yummy! I just wish my husband liked peaches. :(

    ReplyDelete
  22. Does that sound delicious! I may have to make that soon!! Happy 4th!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oohh I think I just found dessert for tonight! And I totally agree with the perfume tip - I just feel better on a whole if I smell nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ummm...yes please, looks delish!!

    ReplyDelete