Friday, June 24, 2011

Raspberry White Chocolate Muffins


It had been a while since I had picked/seen/eaten raspberries, so when I washed these all I could see were all those little hairs.  Why do raspberries have those little hairs on them?  I was tired of wondering so I googled.  Apparently they are the remnants of pistils, the female portion of the flower, and they may help protect the fruit from insect damage.  Good to know.  I guess?  Anyway, we think these muffins are really good, and I'm glad to have a good raspberry muffin recipe.


Raspberry White Chocolate Muffins
2 tsp lemon juice
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
2 cups flour
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cups sugar
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 1/4 cups raspberries

Line muffin pans with paper liners or lightly grease.

Whisk lemon juice, milk, oil, and egg in a medium bowl until well combined.

Mix together flour, baking soda, salt, sugar, and white chocolate in a large bowl.  Add the raspberries to the dry ingredients and gently stir to coat the berries in the flour mixture.  Then gently stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.  Stir until all ingredients are well combined.

Pour the mixture into the muffin tins about two-thirds full.  Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.  Let cool for a few minutes in pan before removing to wire racks to cool completely.  Makes 15-18 muffins.

source:  recipe from gimme some oven


27 comments:

  1. well, now i know what to do with the white chocolate i have that's been sitting around. thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some cooking/baking talent woman! SO jealous!

    Hope you have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Umm...do you want to come live with me and be my personal chef?! :) These do look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I love some good muffins...always hits the spot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Google is the best! Hahaha I use it for everything. Well now I know what those little hairs are so thank you :) Love learning now little fun facts. These look yummy and SO moist! Mmm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you Googled that! :) Google is pretty much my go to for any question/problem. Thanks for the yummy recipe - I'm so excited that berries are coming into season!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You keep posting recipes that make me hungry lol I'll have to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the comment, I am following because it's cozy in here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those look great! I love muffins like this where the fruit is fresh and they are moist. Looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This receipe looks yummy. Will try it out.
    www.thoughtsofpaps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. so these looks insane delish! i must try soon--isn't google so diggity! love:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum, yum! LOVE the addition of white chocolate :)

    ReplyDelete

  13. oh.. so nice post.)
    Love your blog.))

    I now spend a survey of bloggers with such questions.
    1. Why did you create a blog?
    2. For whom you taking him? Want to be popular?
    3. How long will it keep going?

    ReplyDelete
  14. That would be such a yummy delight to bite into. I'd like to invite you to stop by this weekend and link them up to Sweets for a Saturday. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow!! These sound and look amazing!! Yum-O!

    ReplyDelete
  16. They look so good! I get so excited about new recipes! I can't wait to start cooking for my husband at our new house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. That muffin recipe sounds great. I'd enjoy a few of those as a snack right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my word! These muffins look beyond heavenly. I definitely need to give them a try! Thanks for sharing the recipe I am your newest follower.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. It looks so yummy! Thanks for sharing such lovely recipe.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm not a huge white chocolate fan, but I think that I would definitely enjoy these!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oooh so glad you commented on my blog - I am loving your recipes! I'm excitd to try this little treat :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Mmm can't wait to try these, thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete