Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Basic Herb Quiche

One of the things I love making in the summer for dinner is quiche.  It's easy to throw together, it makes for a bit of a lighter dinner, and it's delicious.  This recipe is quiche in its simplest form, but it's one of our favorites.

herb quiche

Basic Herb Quiche
1 refrigerated rolled pie crust
2 tsp olive oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
salt and pepper
2-4 Tbsp of dried parsley, depending on taste
4 eggs
3/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup milk
4 oz Gruyère cheese, grated

Heat oven to 425 degrees.  Place pie crust in pie pan.  Place on rimmed baking sheet and bake until lightly golden, 12-15 minutes.  Remove and reduce oven heat to 375 degrees.

Heat oil in skillet over medium heat.  Add onion and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, 5-7 minutes.  Stir in parsley and remove from heat. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, sour cream, milk, and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper.  Gently stir in the onion mixture and the grated Gruyère.  Pour the egg mixture into the crust.  Bake until just set and knife inserted into the center comes clean, about 35-40 minutes.  Let rest 5 minutes before serving.  Serves 8.

source:  recipe from woman's day, May 2011

22 comments:

  1. Girl, you need to stop making me hungry lol. I love all your recipes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man, we LOVE quiche in our house. this sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks perfectly fluffy and yummy! i like mine with some diced ham...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious! I hope you someone makes you this for your Birthday Week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your husband must be one happy camper. I absolutely love quiche!..but I have never attempted making it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious!!! I haven't eaten breakfast yet but now I know it will include eggs!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never made quiche, but I really think I should give it a shot...since I love eating it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love quiches! I only have a couple of recipes so I will have to add this one to the mix. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was just thinking about quiche the other day! Something my mom has always made... thanks for posting this recipe - looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow I always thought quiches would be a lot of work to make but this looks pretty easy! Can't wait to try!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love quiche but I have always been too scared to try making it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never made a quiche, but then again, I've never had one either!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks great. I need to buy some Gruyere.

    ReplyDelete
  14. mmmmm, thanks for the recipe. Now if only I had time to cook.

    xoxo, chrissy
    The Perfect Palette

    ReplyDelete
  15. I forget about quiche! Thanks for putting it into my mind. Such a great meal. So French.

    ReplyDelete
  16. YUM! It's dinner time, and I wish this was waiting at home for me!

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh this looks amazing. why must you always post such awesome recipes?!

    ReplyDelete
  18. girl, you're just teaching me all i need to know for when i get married!! i'm so bad at the kitchen and your blog is so helpful, hope you'll still working on this amazing blog 3 years from now!

    kisses & happy thursday,
    http://www.trend-ish.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Man now I am starving!!! This looks absolutely amazing!!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love quiches! I'm definitely trying out that recipe next time I make one :).

    ReplyDelete
  21. This looks SO good. I looooove quiches! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Okay seriously looking at your blog makes me soooo hungry! What another good looking dish. I love quiche but don't seem to eat it enough...may need to change that.

    ReplyDelete