Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Strawberry Lemonade

There's something about summer that makes me crave fruity drinks.  So when I saw this recipe for strawberry lemonade, I could not resist.  I had never made lemonade before (Country Time mix aside), but squeezing the lemons was a really satisfying feeling.  The mixture of the strawberry and lemon flavors in this is perfect, and the sparkling water gave it a nice touch.  A pitcher of this is perfect for summer evenings.



Strawberry Lemonade
1 cup sugar
1 cup fresh lemon juice (4-6 lemons, depending on size)
1 pound strawberries, hulled and halved
16 ounces seltzer, chilled

In a medium saucepan, bring 2 cups water and 1 cup sugar to boil over medium-high heat.  Reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until sugar dissolves, about 2 minutes.  Transfer to a pitcher and refrigerate until cool, about 45 minutes.  Add the lemon juice and stir to combine.

Place the strawberries in a blender and purée until smooth.  Pour through a fine-mesh sieve or strainer into pitcher with the lemon syrup, pressing on the solids. Stir well to combine.  Stir in the seltzer and mix to combine.  Serves 4-6.

source:  recipe from Everyday Food, June 2011

18 comments:

  1. Nice! Did you take this picture with your new camera?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm :) Sounds delish! Thanks for visiting my blog! Yeah, I think they just came out with the Rolo McFlurries, and they are awesome..soo much caramel and lots of chocolate pieces :) Have a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds AMAZING! Such a refreshing treat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhhh my goodness if i made this one time i'd be hooked!!!!! i love both strawberries AND lemonade sooo much :-)

    hope you're having a great wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how yummy and refreshing!!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    Be sure to come and enter my amazing $250 Giveaway from Tracy Porter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy! I love strawberry lemonade! thank you for stopping by my blog! Much appreciated.Have a great afternoon.
    Liz

    www.fresh-plate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yum! This looks so refreshing! Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your comment! I love making new blog friends! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would follow me too! thanks!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Strawberry lemonade is my favorite! This recipe sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its so HOT right now I could def go for something fun and fruity.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Was also craving a fruity cold drink today, so I made smoothies for Charis and me. But I will most definitely be making this beverage at some point this summer! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  11. YUM! I love strawberry lemonade! I'm definitely bookmarking this recipe for future summer afternoons! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds yummy! Especially with the sparkling water!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds absolutely delish! I am definitely going to have to make it!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow that sounds delish! Will defintiely be trying it this weekend at the beach house. Thanks for the recipe :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds like a great summer drink. I'll have to try it.

    Cute blog! So glad I stumbled on it!

    - S from Following the Walkers

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yum! This will be perfect on a hot summer day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. The hubby is dreaming of this and he doesn't even know it yet ;) looks lovely! xoxo {av}

    ReplyDelete
  18. That looks refreshing! The summer definitely makes me crave fruity drinks. I keep finding myself thirsty and water just won't do!

    ReplyDelete