Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Peanut Butter Snickers Cookies

I have this weird thing where I like knowing people's favorites.  Probably because I have a favorite everything (soda, ice cream, pair of jeans, month, cushion on the couch) so I assume others do too.  I learned shortly after Caleb and I started dating that HE HAS NO FAVORITES.  This drives me crazy!  We finally figured out Caleb has one favorite.  Snickers bars are his favorite candy bar.  That is it.  I have one favorite of my husband's to work with.  So when I found this recipe, I just had to make these cookies.  After a couple of rough days at work last week, I wanted to have these coming out of the oven as Caleb got home from work.  Those with a peanut allergy stay away - there's Snickers AND peanut butter!


Peanut Butter Snickers Cookies
1 1/4 cups flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 egg
1 Tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 regular-sized Snickers bars, chopped
3/4 cup chocolate chips (semi-sweet or milk)

In medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.  Set aside.

In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter and the peanut butter together until fluffy.  Add the sugars and beat until smooth.  Add the egg and mix until combined.  Add the milk and the vanilla extract and mix again.  Add the flour mixture and beat until flour disappears.  Stir in the chopped Snickers bars and chocolate chips.

Drop by heaping tablespoons onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper.  Gently flatten each cookie ball with the palm of your hand.  Bake at 350 degrees for 10-11 minutes, or until cookies are slightly brown on the edges.

Cool the cookies on the baking sheets for 5-10 minutes, then remove to a rack to cool completely.  Store in airtight container at room temperature.

source:  recipe from browneyed baker

22 comments:

  1. They look AMAZING! YUMM! I need chocolate right now... these would save me


    Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word. I don't like snickers (or most candy - weird I know) but I would eat a ton of these!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your blog and this post *

    come in to my blog too:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum yum! Cookies...I am hungry probably not a good idea to be reading your blog right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. no no no no no! you can not post stuff like this because it ruins my diet :-) just kidding, keep anything with peanut butter in it coming my way!!! <3 hope u had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your blog has officially become my go to stop for new recipe ideas:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. my husband would inhale these in about .5 seconds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YUM!! Yes please!! These sound amazing and I'm definitely going to need to make these.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Uhhmm these look amazing. WISH I had a kitchen to bake in=( Thanks so much for your sweet message. I'm following you now as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Made these tonight and they are yummmyyyy!! thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum! Snickers are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those sound and look amazing!!

    www.inloveiwascreated.blogspot.com

    Check out my work blog too!

    www.celebrityowned.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have an obsession with Snickers bars (and with cookies), so this is like heaven to me! Will be trying them this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. UM killing me! Too bad I'm gluten and sugar free. Dang.
    Cute blog! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I totally need to try this recipe as soon as possible! It sounds so good:) Hugs and kisses, darling

    Ps: I’m hosting a beautiful stationary GIVEAWAY today! I bet you will love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think I'm going to have to try this recipe, it looks simply delicious!

    Girl about Town XxX

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was craving warm chocolate chip cookies last night! I swear!
    Now, I must bake...
    Have a great week!
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  18. omg these sound incredible!! i'm so excited to bake in the new house (smoke alarms sounded EVERY TIME i used my apartment's oven, so i just quit doing so) and have company. i'm going to make these for sure!!

    i have a favorite everything too, and my favorites are always changing based on what i'm doing at the moment. for example, whatever delicious restaurant i'm eating in is my favorite for the time being haha. <3shelby

    www.makemesparkly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I wish I could make these now and have them for breakfast...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my gosh... YUM!! Oh I'm totally making these! My husband is going to fall in love with me all over again.. or you. Either way.. he's gonna be one happy man :)
    I'm so SO glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete