Wednesday, May 18, 2011

New Favorite Cookies

Do you know Joy the baker?  If you don't you should.  Her recipes are scrumptious and her blog makes me laugh.  Which automatically puts her on my to-be-friends-with list.  Anyway, I made a cookie recipe of hers last night.  They were amazing.  Definitely my new favorite cookies.  They are Oatmeal Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies.  Caleb said it sounded like a lot going on in one cookie.  It is.  It's like a party in your mouth.

Oatmeal Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar, packed
2 large eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups uncooked oats (I used old-fashioned)
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans

Beat the sugar, brown sugar, and butter in the bowl of a stand mixer fit with a paddle attachment.  Beat until creamy, about 3-4 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating well between each addition.  Add the vanilla extract and beat until blended.

Whisk together the oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Add to the butter and egg mixture slowly beating on low speed until just incorporated.  Stir in the chocolate chips and pecans last.

Using either an ice cream scoop or your clean hands, drop balls of dough onto an ungreased baking sheet.  Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes, or until they've reached your desired doneness.  Allow to cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.  Makes about 4 dozen medium-sized cookies.

Source:  recipe adapted from joy the baker


today is the last day to enter to win a walmart gift card!

15 comments:

  1. Joy the Baker has the best recipes! And chocolate oatmeal cookies are my fav - the pecan sounds like the perfect addition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet blog. I love cookies :D. If you want, you follow me. I'll follow you too :)
    Alla moda e con stile

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those sound so good! I may try those the next time I make oatmeal cookies, the pecans totally make it healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! You know we love cookies at our house too! First peanut butter and we are working on another creation as we speak. Thanks for sharing and your kind comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your blog is so cute! i'm always looking for new recipe ideas and i've been drooling over yours and can't wait to try some of them!! thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. new follower <3shelby

    www.makemesparkly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh dear....these look and sound SO yummy. can't wait to try them. AND, joy the baker....what a hoot!! i'll be reading her blog again. thanks for sharing. (and for the comment on my blog!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing this recipe. I clearly need these cookies in my life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those cookies look good! And I just have to say.....the picture of you two on the right will always make me smile!! I LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YUMM...I love oatmeal cookies! I agree with ^. Those pictures are SO precious! :) thanks for commenting on my blog! new follower! :)

    xo Grace

    http://hautecouture3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. they look so yummy!!!! I have to try making them!

    p.s. check on my lemon jam recipe!
    ♥ Ylenia
    from longuette

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhh yum! Those are one of my favourite cookies EVER!!! Totally making them this week:) Have a lovely Thursday morning, darling
    Kisses and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for stopping by! These look delish! I am bookmarking this one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. these look DELICIOUS! just came across your blog and i'm loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Made these today. They are soo good. You'll see pics on Instagram. ;)

    ReplyDelete