Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins

Last week I decided I needed to make some muffins.  We had had scones or banana bread for the past couple of weeks, but I needed muffins again.  I had bookmarked this recipe a little while ago and realized I had all of the ingredients on hand!  I love recipes like that - just simple, basic ingredients so you can whip it up whenever you have the craving.  I was a little nervous that when I ate one of these I would have that guilty-because-I-feel-like-I-just-ate-dessert-for-breakfast feeling.  But I didn't.  Of course the chocolate chips add sweetness, but I didn't think the actual muffin was too sweet for breakfast.  Caleb said I definitely needed to add these to my permanent recipes.  I try so many recipes that I get from all over the place, but if it's something I know I will want to make again and again, it gets permanent residence in the book.  Enjoy!


Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins
2 1/4 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
6 Tbsp butter, melted and cooled
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 eggs
1 cup milk
3/4 cup chocolate chips

In medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and brown sugar.  Set aside.

In large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, peanut butter, eggs and milk until smooth.  Add in the flour mixture and stir just until combined.  Stir in chocolate chips.  Divide batter evenly among paper-lined muffin tins (or get some silicone baking cups - they're the best!) and fill to almost the top.  Bake at 375 degrees for 17-20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.  Allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes, then remove to wire rack to cool completely.  Store at room temperature in airtight container.

Source:  recipe from annie's eats

don't forget to enter to win a Starbucks giftcard!

10 comments:

  1. I'm totally goinng to try this recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, two of my favorite things - peanut butter and chocolate! I'll have to try these once Passover has come and gone!!

    Tamar

    ReplyDelete
  3. this sounds (and looks!) absolutely scrumptious

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love peanut butter and muffins, so this is a perfect marriage! I can't wait to try these out. Yumm :) xoxo Marissa


    http://happiness-is-the-little-things.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM! But do we eat these for breakfast or desert???

    Oh, who cares - - - we just EAT them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have made these before and loved them too! :) you should try the snickerdoodle muffins off of tasty kitchen (pioneer woman's other site)...i bet y'all would like those too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmmm. These sound absolutely amazing! I'll eat literally anything involving chocolate chips.
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks yummy! i'm gonna try that recipe someday. thanks for sharing!

    Babi
    http://whenbabispeaks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow these look awesome! I will have to try them soon!

    ReplyDelete