Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Banana Zucchini Bread

I was excited to see zucchini at the grocery last week!  Caleb loves zucchini breads, and since zucchini will be available for a while as we get into summer, I'd like to try some different zucchini recipes.  I started with a tried and true recipe.  This bread is a recipe of my mom's, and Caleb literally devours half of the loaf in one day.  You think I'm kidding, but I'm really not.  I think I only had two slices of the entire loaf!  This is a simple recipe, and it makes two loaves--which comes in handy around here.

Banana Zucchini Bread
3 eggs
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
2/3 cup white sugar
2 cups grated zucchini
3 bananas, mashed
2 tsp vanilla
3 1/2 cups flour
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt

Beat eggs until light and fluffy.  Add oil, brown sugar, white sugar, zucchini, mashed bananas, and vanilla.  Blend together until well combined.  Stir in flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.  Divide batter between two greased and floured loaf pans.  Bake at 325 degrees for 50 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.  Let cool in pans for 10 minutes.  Then cool on wire rack.

One loaf for now


And freeze one loaf for later!

5 comments:

  1. I am copying down this recipe to try for later. I might make this when we have zucchinis. =) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ♥ Oh.. Nice post.)) Love your blog.)) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. so excited to see a recipe for this bread! i was wondering how zucchini and banana would taste together. thanks for sharing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your web site!!! I may be technilogically illiterate, but could you please tell me how to print your recipes out? I have so many I want, but I am not able to print just the recipe. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Anonymous, Thanks! I am still working on getting a printable for each recipe on my blog, but until that's done you can always select and highlight the text, then copy and paste into a Word document. Then you will be able to print it without printing the entire webpage. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete