Monday, March 14, 2011

Have A Smoothie

I've been in a smoothie kick for the past month or two.  It's my new go-to breakfast food.


I once tried being super healthy and put spinach and Greek yogurt and old fashioned oats in my smoothie.  This led me to choke down a few sips then dump the rest down the drain.  Now I just throw in stuff I like.  I love the Private Selection bags of frozen fruit at Kroger.  I grab the strawberry, mango, pineapple blend, and then a bag of frozen blueberries.  I usually defrost the fruit in the micro for 30 seconds before throwing it in the blender.  Then I throw in some low-fat vanilla yogurt and a just a little bit of whatever kind of juice we have in the fridge.  I love my Hamilton Beach single serve blender (thanks Chris and Laura!), because it's small and easy to get in and out of the cabinet, and I don't mind washing it every day.  Drinking with a straw makes everything more fun, so grab one of those and you have a delicious and healthy breakfast!

1 comment:

  1. You're welcome! I might have to get for myself so that I can make easy breakfast shakes when I go back to work.

    ReplyDelete