Monday, March 28, 2011

Best Banana Bread

Since I just recently discovered my new favorite banana muffins, I decided I needed to re-vist my favorite banana bread.  This banana bread is so good!  I made it for Caleb one of the first weeks we were married, knowing he would love how delicious it is and how much bread it makes.  I believe his first comment when he walked in the door was, that's huge!  Success.  So I made this bread again last week and we were able to eat it all week.  I made it on Monday, and when I had my last piece on Friday, it was still very moist.  Success.  Don't be alarmed at how many ingredients this recipe calls for; this recipe is for a bundt pan, not just a loaf pan.


Best Banana Bread
2 sticks butter, softened*
1 1/2 cups + 2 Tbsp sugar
3 eggs
3 large bananas, mashed (about 1 1/2 cups to 1 3/4 cups)
4 cups + 2 Tbsp flour 
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cups sour cream

Cream butter and sugar.  Add eggs one at a time, beating a few seconds after each addition.  Add mashed bananas and beat.  Combine dry ingredients separately.  Add dry ingredients and sour cream alternately to the mixing bowl, mixing after each addition.  Beat well until all combined.  Grease and flour bundt pan.  Pour batter into bundt pan and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour 10 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.  Invert on cooling rack and allow cake to cool slightly before slicing and baking.  Cover tightly with saran wrap or store in airtight container to keep moist.

*I actually used salted butter in this recipe.  That's the only way I've ever made it.  But also, this recipe doesn't call for any additional salt, nor does it have any vanilla for the salted butter to mask the flavor of.


Happy Monday!

Source:  recipe from the pioneer woman

3 comments:

  1. Oh my heavens. Everything about this bread sounds delicious. And it is GORGEOUS : ) I am making a mental note to buy sour cream at the market tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing better than good ol' banana bread, freshly baked! Definitely looks great coming out of a bundt pan. Thanks for sharing the recipe with us at CG! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sour cream must make this bread so moist and delicious. It looks fabulous. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your bread up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/04/sweets-for-saturday-11.html

    ReplyDelete