Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Sometimes I Need Reminding

"Good manners sometimes means simply putting up with other people's bad manners."  -H. Jackson Brown, Jr.


There are a few (okay let's be real, more like many) things in life that get me "all worked up", as Caleb would say.  But the one that might be at the top of the list is bad manners.  I have no tolerance for people cutting me or anyone else off on the road, in line at Target, anywhere.  It's completely uncalled for.  I believe in handwritten thank you notes.  I think people should put their napkins in their laps and wipe their mouths when necessary.  And on and on it goes.  I realize I am to one extreme, but still.  There's something to be said for someone who is polite and displays good manners.  It is good for me to remember that sometimes the most polite thing I can do is overlook someone else's bad manners.  So, fellow Emily Post fans, smile, be gracious, and decide you will teach your children good manners and that, in turn, will help make the world a more polite place.

No comments:

Post a Comment