Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Birthday Caleb!

Today is Caleb's birthday and I am so excited to celebrate it all day!  It's really fun to celebrate one of our birthdays now that we're married.  It gets to be just the two of us, we don't want anyone else here, and we're our own family and can celebrate however we want!  I think I've been more excited about Caleb's birthday than he has, but that's typically how things go around here.


I am so thankful to have Caleb, and I love that he is all mine!  God blessed me with the best husband ever.  This is the guy that 11 years ago I wrote in my diary I thought he was cute.  For half of my life I've had my eye on Caleb, and now I get to be married to him for the rest of my life!  This is the guy that, when we were engaged, decided to buy me a red Kitchen Aid mixer for no reason.  He texts me throughout his day at work to tell me he's thinking of me and can't wait to come home and see me.  He drives me to the grocery store late at night when I all of a sudden decide I need ice cream, canned pumpkin, or ornament hooks.  He does all the jobs around the house that I hate - killing bugs, taking out the trash, changing lightbulbs, plunging the toilet.  This is the guy that spent time picking out nail polish (OPI and Essie, no less) to put in my stocking for Christmas. He chases the mailman down the street when I have things to mail but didn't get them in the mailbox in time.  He sets aside every Thursday night to go on a date with me.  He plays games with me and doesn't get mad when I beat him at Scrabble.  He listens to the details of my day and laughs at my stories.  He encourages me to try new things, to do the things I enjoy, to spend time with my friends.  He wakes up early every morning to read his Bible and pray for me.  For us.  He decided to go back to school to get his MBA so he can better provide for me.  For us.  He tells me I'm his favorite person in the whole world.  He tells me he loves me more than anyone else.  He takes care of me, because it's both his responsibility and his joy.  I love being the only one he takes care of.  He tells me my being happy is what makes him happy.  He tells me I'm his best friend.  We're all each other needs.  And that is how it's supposed to be.

 

6 comments:

  1. brought tears to my eyes, sherri. i'm so thankful that you're so thankful for caleb. i love that you two are together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherri that was the cutest thing I have ever read. I am so glad that you two are together! That just melted my heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. love love love this post! happy birthday caleb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything about this post! Especially the part where Caleb chases the mailman down the street. :)
    I am so thankful that you and Caleb are married. I could not have asked for a better brother and sister-in-law. I love you, and wish Caleb a very happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so happy for you two :) and HAPPY BIRTHDAY CALEB !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you're in love and that you've found the man that can take care of you better than me now.

    ReplyDelete