Thursday, February 24, 2011

Fudge Brownies with Peanut Butter

Yesterday I made these brownies.


Yes, that is a dark chocolate brownie topped with a peanut butter pudding topped with fudge icing.  As we all know, chocolate and peanut butter were made to go together.  I like the combination best when the chocolate and peanut butter are separate, but together.  Like Reese's cups, the above brownie, oreos with peanut butter.  When they are jumbled together like in a chocolate peanut butter milkshake, my taste buds are confused and I feel I cannot fully appreciate how wonderful each separate flavor is.  Anyway, these brownies are delicious.  They are easy.  I was forced to give away half of them for the sake of my jeans continuing to fit over my butt in the future.


Fudge Brownies with Peanut Butter
1 package brownie mix (I used dark chocolate)
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
3 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
2 Tbsp cold milk
4 1/2 tsp instant vanilla pudding mix*
1 tub (16 oz) chocolate fudge frosting

Prepare and bake brownies according to the fudge directions (as opposed to the "cakey" brownies).  Cool on wire rack.

In a small bowl, beat the confectioners' sugar, butter, peanut butter, milk, and pudding mix until smooth.  Spread over completely cooled brownies.  Cover and refrigerate until firm (30 min to an hour).  Frost with the chocolate frosting.  (I did not use the entire tub of frosting, because I wanted the peanut butter layer thicker.)  After I frosted them, I cut the brownies, then covered them and stuck them back in the fridge until we were ready to eat them.


*put the rest of the pudding mix in a tupperware container and save it.  I'll post another recipe that calls for it later. 

Source:  recipe from Taste of Home

4 comments:

  1. Is this for 9x13 pan or smaller?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i did it in a 9x13. i think if you did it smaller the peanut butter layer would be too thick. i think this proportion was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm thats looks yummy , feel like having it and wish i could make that at home.i probably buy from here and try to make it at home on weekend..i hope i will make the same as its your look in the image :-) ..Yummy Yummy

    ReplyDelete