Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Currently


r e a d i n g // I just finished My Name Is Lucy Barton , and honestly I didn't love it. Now I'm reading Along the Infinite Sea and it's really good! I've read Beatriz Williams' other books in this series (Schuyler Sisters) and thought they were all good.

w a n t i n g // Time to slow down. I've never been too sentimental, but becoming a mother has totally changed that. My girl is getting SO BIG. Just look at this picture! She is more and more fun every day, but part of me is really missing my baby.

w e a r i n g // "Latte Run": the perfect nude nail polish from the Cupcakes and Cashmere collection with Formula X. I don't typically wear the same color on my nails two weeks in a row, but this shade was worth repeating.

w a t c h i n g // Madam Secretary. I just started watching this show this year, so I've been catching up on the first two seasons. I love it! My degree is in international politics, so this show is right up my alley.

l i s t e n i n g  t o // Podcasts. I've never really been into podcasts, but with all of the driving I did this past week, I started listening to some. I might share what I'm listening to in a later post, once they've become tried + true favorites. Tell me which ones I should try!

e a t i n g // This salad. I have been making this all of the time since I first had it at Christmastime, and we love it! I use apples or pears, only use bacon if I have it on hand, and add in spiced nuts and croutons. The dressing combo is what really makes it so delicious! Also, these cinnamon rolls. It's all about balance, right?

e n j o y i n g // This beautiful weather! It's 72 degrees and it's not even lunchtime - yes please! I am not a winter girl by any stretch of the imagination, and I already feel like a completely new person with the sunshine, blue skies, and warmer weather.

n e e d i n g // To clean my office! There are piles everywhere that I need to sort through, and I need a better system for keeping my work stuff organized and easily accessible.

l o o k i n g  f o r w a r d  t o // A weekend at home! The past month has been pretty busy with traveling and events, so it will be really nice to just hang out at home as a family.

t h i n k i n g   a b o u t // What a great trip I had last week. I saw most of my family for a couple of days for a really fun event (more on that later), and then I was at the beach with my college roommates! It was such a great trip and I loved seeing so many people that mean so much to me.

5 comments:

  1. I love this post idea! It gives just enough insight into your life, plus inspiration for me to think about these areas in my own life. I've wondered about Madam Secretary--might need to try that one. And, thanks to you, I'm reading a Kate Morton book right now and LOVING it! It was wonderful seeing you last week--a day that will forever stand out in my memory!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you're liking the Kate Morton book! All of her books are really, really good. Loved seeing you, too!! That was so fun!

      Delete
  2. Yes to the sunshine and warmer weather - makes me feel so good. I love the way your pictures have white and bright colors, like your blog - you're so good at curating a "brand." Love seeing your be a mother - feels crazy to use that word for some reason! But seeing you mom makes me want to be one! I love your little girl and your relationship with her and your parenting style :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is the nicest comment I've ever gotten!! <3 thank you, friend! I can't wait for you to be a mom so we can compare notes and talk about everything about being a mom!

      Delete