Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Reading, Lately


If you've not read any Elin Hilderbrand books yet, get yourself to the nearest Barnes & Noble (or let's be real, just click over to Amazon) and buy a couple! I have read all 15 of her novels in the past six weeks(!!), if that tells you anything. I started with Silver Girl and loved it so much I worked my way through the rest of her books. I would classify these as easy beach reads, but not in the traditional sense. I typically steer clear of beach reads because the plots are too predictable and the writing is usually sub-par. These books, however, are enjoyable and don't require any thinking, but the writing is spot-on and the story lines are involved. Each of the books tells the story from several of the characters' point of view, and I believe in most of the books at least one of the characters is remembering/reliving the past; both of these things add depth and layers into the story, which I love. All of the stories take place on Nantucket, a spot that is now on my to-visit-before-I-die list.

If you're looking for a book to take on your last summer hurrah or just need something new to read, Silver Girl, The Matchmaker, The Rumor, and The Castaways were my favorites.

What have you been reading this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment