Thursday, August 6, 2015

How to get rid of fruit flies

Do you have a problem with fruit flies in your kitchen during the summer? Of course it is during the summertime that we have more produce sitting out: tomatoes ripening on the windowsill, cantaloupes or pineapples on the counter waiting to be cut, etc., but I cannot stand the pesky little fruit flies! 


Thankfully I've found a solution: fill a glass jar two-thirds of the way full with apple cider vinegar. Secure plastic wrap over the mouth of the jar, and poke several holes in the plastic wrap. Leave it sitting out on the counter, and watch how many fruit flies you will collect! The apple cider vinegar attracts them, but then they get stuck swimming in it. I could not believe how many fruit flies filled the jar in just a day. It is a definite summer lifesaver for me. Let me know if you try it out!

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome! I am totally going to try this! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete