Monday, August 11, 2014

New Suddenly Grain Salad



Our dinners in the summer are pretty predictable: we marinate some meat to put on the grill and add some sort of side pasta or salad. This has been my favorite marinade lately, and for the sides I love Greek orzo saladbulgur, or couscous. General Mills recently sent me a sampling of their new Suddenly Grain Salad mixes, so I last week I whipped together the Southwest Grains salad. I boiled a little mesh bag filled with a mixture of brown rice, quinoa, black beans, and corn, let it cool, and tossed it with the provided chipotle vinaigrette. I also added some tomatoes for an extra fresh taste. I was pleasantly surprised with how tasty it was, and it is a great option for a quick way to get some grains into your meal on nights when you might be pressed for time.

Disclosure: The information and prize pack have been provided to me by General Mills through Platefull Co-Op. All opinions are 100% my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment