Friday, June 7, 2013

Strawberry Basil Lemonade



After sharing all of those lemonade variations last week, I was seriously craving some good homemade lemonade over the weekend. That in addition to our AC blowing out (another story for another time), it was a perfect time to have a glass (and another and another) of lemonade. I threw in some strawberries we had picked and some of the basil that's growing (yay!) in my mini-herb garden. I loved the combination! Hope your weekend is cool + filled with fruity drinks.

Strawberry Basil Lemonade
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice (from about 8 lemons)
2 cups sliced strawberries
fresh basil

In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and 3/4 cup water. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, until the sugar is dissolved; let cool. In a pitcher, combine the syrup with the lemon juice and 4 cups of water. Stir well to combine. Add the sliced strawberries and a handful of fresh basil. Serve over ice. *Note: the longer this lemonade sits, the better it tastes as the basil infuses the drink!

source: recipe adapted from real simple + a beautiful mess

4 comments:

  1. oh thank you for this! over the summer I crave watermelon and strawberry drinks - throwing in basil just makes it that much better

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was one of the recipes that I was interested in too! If you had multiple glasses I'm assuming it was good. hmmmm I've got to try this stat! And per the usual, fabulous pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know strawberries & basil went together, but I love them both, so I'll give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh this seriously looks mouth-watering and refreshing for summer!

    ReplyDelete