Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Salted Caramel Mocha



It's been feeling like summer weather here lately, so when I do drink coffee these days I prefer it to be iced.  But there's been a few rainy days here and there that made me crave a warm cup of coffee--and I turned to this homemade salted caramel mocha.  I have to say that I prefer the homemade version to Starbuck's; I thought the Starbuck's one had a funny aftertaste that I didn't quite care for.  This one is easy to make and a perfect addition to any rainy afternoon.

Salted Caramel Mocha
2 Tbsp caramel sauce (I used this)
1 Tbsp chocolate syrup
small pinch fleur de sel
2/3 cup strong brewed hot coffee
1/3 cup milk, warmed
whipped cream, for serving
additional caramel sauce, for serving

Add the caramel sauce, chocolate syrup, and salt to a mug.  Pour the hot coffee into the mug and stir well until the caramel and chocolate are mixed in.  Stir in the milk.  Adjust flavorings to taste.  Top with whipped cream and additional drizzle of caramel sauce, if desired.

source:  recipe from annie's eats

11 comments:

  1. This looks delish! Can't wait to try it! Sending out your gift card to the big SB today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shocker, but I drank TEA instead of coffee today! Hikes! So not me though. This looks really really tasty and making me want to make a cup of coffee instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have yet to try the Salted Mochas at Starbucks. I'm too addicted to the White Chocolate one but they do sound good & your homemade one looks yummy and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Starbucks coffee often has a weird aftertaste, I think it's because it is often burnt. Anyway, yours sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks and sounds so good right now! Although, I have been doing more iced coffee lately, with the summer temps! Wish I could sit and drink a cup with you today...

    ReplyDelete
  6. yummers!! this is my fav! will def try this recipe, thanks :) new follower xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet Heavens....thank you for posting this. I love this drink.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow wow wow. this looks amazing. good for a rainy day indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the salt & caramel combination - yum!!!

    ReplyDelete