Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Onion-Apple Pork Tenderloin


For his birthday dinner, Caleb requested pork tenderloin.  My go-to pork recipe is this cranberry-dijon pork roast, but Caleb wanted an apple-flavored pork rather than the cranberry.  This recipe is what I came up with, and Caleb loved how flavorful it was.  I hadn't made a crockpot dinner in a while and my love for my crockpot has been renewed.  I had forgotten how nice it is to throw a few ingredients together in the morning and then forget about dinner and let the crockpot do its magic...and make our house smell wonderful in the meantime!  

Onion-Apple Pork Tenderloin
1 boneless pork loin (1.5 - 2 lbs)
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 envelope Lipton onion soup mix
2 Tbsp firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup apple juice
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
salt and freshly ground pepper 

Spray the inside of a crockpot with cooking spray.  Place pork loin in crockpot.  In small bowl, combine olive oil, soup mix, brown sugar, apple juice, applesauce, salt, and pepper.  Stir to combine well.  Pour mixture over the pork loin in crockpot.  Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.  Slice or shred pork before serving.  Ladle juice into small bowl to serve on top of meat.  Serves 2-4.

14 comments:

  1. What a delicious look birthday dinner for your man! I love a good moist pork tenderloin! Yummm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why am I so hungry at 10AM? I need to stop this smoothie thing and start eating real food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've been looking for a pork loin recipe to make in my boyfriend's crockpot. of course i should have known i'd eventually get it from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny...I did a pulled pork recipe today too! I will have to try yours next time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I got to spend it with the one I love so I guess it wasn't that bad after all! Have a very nice day, XX from Buenos Aires

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously. I making this tonight. It looks so yummy and I LOVE the crockpot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lucky guy he is to have such a great wife!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea! I love pork in the crockpot. It always comes out so tender. There's nothing worse than tough pork!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so good. I know my husbands side of the family would go crazy for it. I'll old on to this one for when they visit =) Good to catch up on your blog.

    - Sarah
    http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yum! Definitely have to try this sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Torture! LOL...every one of favorite bloggers is sharing a delicious looking recipe today! This liquid diet better end soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My husband would love this. I am the laziest cook ever, but now that I'm staying home I feel like I need to step my game up a little. I'm bookmarking this post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds delicious! I am going to have to give it a try, especially since I'm a huge fan of your cranberry-dijon recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete