Wednesday, January 18, 2012

DIY Gold Leaf Catchall

When Caleb and I were Christmas shopping last month, a gold leaf platter from Martha Stewart's collection at Macy's caught my eye.  I thought it was so pretty and would be perfect as a catchall on my bedside table, but I didn't really think it was worth $76.  A few weeks later, I found this little glass leaf dish at a thrift store.


I didn't know what kind of paint I could use on glass, so I just bought some Martha Stewart multi surface paint at Michael's.  A paint for every surface - genius, right?!  Leave it to Martha!  Anyway I painted my little dish while Caleb was out of town last week, and I'm really happy with how it turned out!  And it only cost me $2.50 :)


19 comments:

  1. Great find and I love how you transformed it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great find and I love how you transformed it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an improvement...it looks great! I think it is so cool that there is paint for every project! Have you seen that counter top paint? It looks really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's just as cute as Martha's :-) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous--and genius! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this dish! I think I need to get a dish for in our bathroom for when I take my jewelry off. I have a dish in the bedroom, but it seems to be overflowing. Maybe I should actually start using my jewelry box... haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need something like this on my dresser! This turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE it! That paint is fantastic! I can't wait to do some projects with it this year. The gold color is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so gorgeous Sherri! What a great project; I want one lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow you are a makeover genius! look how amazing it looks. and you are right $76 eck! and then to find something amazing at goodwill!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's gorgeous! Seriously, amazing what a little gold paint can do.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh i really like that..love your use of the leaf...

    ReplyDelete
  13. perfect! and it matches your origins jar. 2012 is totally becoming your diy year.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an incredible diy project! The finished project looks so elegant, chic, and is extremely practical and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks so good! It makes me wonder how many other things we can transform with paint?!? And I noticed the book, are you reading it yet? What do you think? I didn't read for a while but picked it up again last weekend and have about a chapter left.

    ReplyDelete