Thursday, October 27, 2011

Decorating for the Fall

I really need to get with it as far as fall decor around my house.  Since we've moved, I've just been focusing on other things.  First it was getting new furniture, then it was hanging things on the wall and getting things framed, and lately it's been the hunt for throw pillows for the couch.  That was the worst of all because I am so picky and couldn't find anything suitable!  We finally got some over the weekend, I had a Skype session with my sister to make sure everything in the living room looked good, and we're done!

OK so fall decorations... this morning I finally got what I already have out but I think I need a little more.  I want a little pumpkin and a wreath.  And something fall-ish to put in an apothecary jar.  I know it's almost November so I'm super behind, but I don't decorate for Christmas until December 1st so I still have weeks of fall to enjoy!  I'm heading to Michael's today, so here are some fall decor ideas to inspire me and help get my craft on.

Making a monogram with silver thumbtacks in a pumpkin


I really like this burlap wreath and it's a DIY that's simple enough for me!


I love how simple these apothecary jars are with just nuts and ribbons


If we get tired of eating all those apples we picked, maybe I'll make these (tutorial here)


How cute are these?!


Some leaves and string and it's a festive votive!


I could do something like this instead of a wreath


Do you have any simple fall decor ideas for me??

23 comments:

  1. I have been really bad as far holiday decorating goes this year...it just keeps getting pushed further down my to-do list! Thanks for the cute ideas, I love the acorns in the glass jars, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the highlight :) I love those pinecones! They would look really pretty with lots of silver spray paint and glitter (or gold) for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made a fall wreath and a autumn leaf garland for our house! You can check out my Etsy store http://www.etsy.com/shop/LiveLaughLynae or message me and I'll tell you how to make your own!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love those pumpkins! Ugh I haven't had time to decorate at all. So sad. :( Loving these ideas though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love the wreath and the mason jars full of pine cones. I think anything involving a pumpkin is affordable and soooo seasonal. A coat of gold paint...some glitter...and some candles makes a great display!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the apothecary jars with the nuts and ribbons...such an easy way to bring fall into your home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im so with you! Since we've moved into our new house I've had no time to decorate for Fall! I love all of those ideas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful apple candles ~ love that!!! Tons of great ideas!!!

    Aimee @ ItsOverflowing

    ReplyDelete
  9. i like the candles in the apples and anything that involves acorns. all of these would be great for decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  10. As creative as you are, I cannot wait to see your decorations! Have fun at Michael's!

    ReplyDelete
  11. the wreath looks totally easy! i've just put mini pumpkins everywhere and called it a day :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are all fantastic ideas! I'm planning on making a garland out of fall leaves. Good luck decorating! xoxo Marissa


    http://happiness-is-the-little-things.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all these ideas and should do something like that for out home, but I'm too lazy this year to do so. Can't wait to see what your place looks like after you get done decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  14. glad to hear that you have settled in and everything is set in your livingroom.

    I like all the decor ideas you listed.

    best,
    e

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all of these ideas! I haven't done much decorating yet, but these have inspired me to get on it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the thumbtack monogram on the pumpkin. Super simple and easy, but it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE the little mason jars with with acorns! All such fun ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. those pumpkins are the cutest! Love the idea of using the thumbtacks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. i love these simple and chic ideas~

    ReplyDelete
  20. Instead of carving out apples to make tea light holders, I usually use the leftover mini pumpkins instead. Have a good weekend...I'll be making meatloaf!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think the monogram is something that I could actually do! So easy! I love all of these ideas though :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the nailed pumpkins... what a pretty and simple idea:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just so you know I have already shared this post and I'll be doing some of these for this year. Thanks for sharing girl! :)

    ReplyDelete