Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Chocolate Chunk Muffins

So much has happened the past few days!  On Thursday we finished packing and cleaning up our old house and loaded the truck. Friday we drove down and unloaded the truck, which was quite a task since we now live on the 3rd floor! Saturday, Sunday, and Monday we unpacked, bought new furniture, and tried to find our way around town.  Also on Monday we celebrated our 1st anniversary (thanks for all your kind congratulations!).  So, I apologize for my lack of blog activity but things were a bit crazy!

We LOVE our new place!  I feel completely at home here already which is such a blessing!  Everything is unpacked, and we feel very settled.  Yesterday afternoon as I was waiting for the internet guy to come, I decided it was time to bake in the new kitchen.  I'm a firm believer in chocolate for breakfast: pain au chocolat, chocolate milk, chocolate chip pancakes, etc.  These chocolate chunk muffins almost taste like a chocolate chip pancake.  Without the mess of syrup.




Chocolate Chunk Muffins
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup milk
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup melted butter, cooled slightly
6 oz semi-sweet chocolate chunks

Grease regular muffin tray or line with muffin liners.  In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.  In another bowl, stir together sour cream, milk, eggs, vanilla, and melted butter.  Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until combined.  Stir in chocolate chunks. Divide batter among baking cups.  Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until done.  Makes 12-14 muffins.

source:  recipe from bakerella

25 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're so happy in your new place! I can't wait to see pictures! I'm sure you've heard that a lot, but you know me, I'm a picture person. And these muffins sound great. Everything should be made with chocolate chunks, not chips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. chocolate for breakfast is one of my firmly held beliefs too. we should start a group.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to try these! They look so good! Glad you are settling in well. Can't wait to see pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look wonderful! I'm glad you're all settled; maybe you should come help me since we've lived here for 7 months and I'm still not totally unpacked :) Happy belated anniversary. I'm looking forward to seeing pics of your new furniture and your apartment!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you are settled and loving your new place!!! Mmmmm another yummy recipe to try, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you guys are settled and that you are enjoying your new place!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gah! I feel like I gained a few pounds just reading this post! :) SO worth it though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy to hear you love your new place:) And look at you; after all that moving you still have energy bake up some yummy looking goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad to hear you love your new place! The third floor!? That must have been hard to get everything up there I imagine!

    These look beyond yum and I am sure they made the new place smell like heaven!

    On a side note: thank you for always leaving the sweetest comments. You are so encouraging and they always make me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seriously you're amazing! You've pack,moved, and unpacked, and are already baking in less than a week. You are SO impressive! Thrilled you love the new place and can't wait to see what you do with it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. you are like the best wife ever! those look delicious! congrats on the new place.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so glad you are liking your new apartment! I am sure you made it nice and homey and I can't wait to see pictures! I bet your new neighbors were wanting to come meet you after smelling those chocolate chunk muffins cooking in your oven!

    ReplyDelete
  13. YUM! These sound so amazing right now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mmmmmmm. I think I need to go heat up my lunch now since I can't go bake these.

    P.S. Do an accent vlog please! (Once you're settled down and moved into your new home of course)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mmmm, this is not good for my diet :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad you are all moved in! Chocolate and muffins...a match made in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I agree...why not just start the day off with chocolate? I'm happy to hear that they move went well!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love chocolate for breakfast. Chocolate chip cookies make a good breakfast for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh man those look good! No lie, the first thing I eat when I wake up is a hershey kiss! Hope you continue to settle into your new place!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those look incredible! Good timing, too....I just told Doug last weekend that I wanted to make muffins!

    ReplyDelete
  21. i like any muffin with chocolate chunks in the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow...chunks of chocolate always a bonus, and your wedding picts--stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your muffins came out absolutely amazing. They look so perfect!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh yum your photos are delicious, i definitely have to make these muffins i never pass up anything chocolate

    ReplyDelete