Monday, June 20, 2011

Sausage Balls

Don't you love the feeling of arriving home after you've been gone?  In the last six weeks, I think we've slept 10 different places and have only come home for about four days at a time before leaving again.  It's been fun to travel but I'm excited that we are home for a solid two weeks before it's time to leave again!  

Today I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with all that I have to do to catch up on life here (i.e. our fridge is empty) plus a huge project that I have to finish by tonight (yikes!).  So, today is an easy, delicious recipe.  I make a batch of these sausage balls, then stick them in the freezer to pull out to supplement a bowl of cereal for breakfast or for a snack when dinner is running late.

Sausage Balls

Put one pound of grated cheddar cheese (at room temperature) in a bowl.


Add one pound of regular breakfast sausage (at room temperature).


Dump 3 cups of Bisquick into the bowl.


Mix these ingredients together until well combined.


Form into walnut-sized balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet.


Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
Let cool on cookie sheet for 1-2 minutes, then remove
to cooling rack or waxed paper.

What recipes do you use that freeze well?  I'm always looking for more!

22 comments:

  1. Mmm looks like a great recipe! My mom will make a lot of stove top meals (pasta, chicken paprikash, salsa chicken--my fave, etc.) and then freeze leftovers in small containers so I take them to work. They are good for a while so I know I always have a back up in case I don't have lunch meat to make a sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks delicious but my silly mind keeps laughing at the title... so cute! I love meatballs! Delicious and super yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look good! I'm usually not a big fan of sausage, but anything with cheese is worth trying in my book! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks amazing! I'm all about freezing stuff. I'll wait till a whole chicken is 75 cents a pound, then I'll have the butcher cut it up for me, I'll go home and then wrap it up and freeze it until I need the pieces. Very cost affective =)

    - Sarah
    http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. whyyyyy did you do this?!?!?!?!? this makes me hungry sherri!!! and these look ridiculously GOOD!!! :-) Hope you had a great weekend girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i usually make soup and lasagna to freeze - i store them as individual servings when i need lunch in a pinch

    ReplyDelete
  7. it so nice to be able to freeze things for when there is no time... which seems like always. hahaha. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember how wonderful these were the first time I tried them...and how shocked I was that it was so simple! Great idea for a before dinner pick me up :)

    I always have yeast rolls and muffins in the freezer...great meal extenders.

    ReplyDelete
  9. K seriously, I was just trying to think of a new recipe with sausage. Tired of ground beef! This is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooh, i love simple recipes like this. and anything that freezes well. i often freeze cookie dough balls or unbaked batches of muffin batter in individual muffin cups so that i can bake them off one at a time later to enjoy warm or so that...well, i don't end up eating them all at one go! perils of being single!

    ReplyDelete
  11. my mother in law makes these. yum! i freeze chicken in marinade to make grilling easy. enchiladas, lasagna and beans/rice also freeze well in our home.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum - all great breakfasty things in one!
    Hello from India!

    xoxo,
    Chic 'n Cheap Living

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes there is nothing like coming home after being gone traveling...those look pretty tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look super tasty, especially with all that cheese! Yum! I can see dipping these in marina sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm a big fan of freezing chilis and other bean dishes I make. I am a vegetarian so no meat dishes for me! I also freeze lasanga and bakes ziti!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is one of our absolute favorite family recipes. We never get around to freezing them because we eat them ALL, but I love knowing that freezing is a good option. :) They do make a fantastic breakfast with a cup of coffee or tea, don't they!?

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a great idea!! I like to freeze almost everything!! Thanks for stopping by and you're sweet comment!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These seem to have everything. The taste must be great. Such an interesting combo of ingredients. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great idea! I signed up for breakfast meat in our CSA and am drowning in sausage :) Thanks for the recipe, so quick & easy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This looks delicious and I think my kids would LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. these look pretty tasty! i like to freeze pizza dough (unbaked) and hamburger buns that I make (baked)...it makes dinner come together so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks too easy! I'll have to give them a try, my husband will LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete