Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Cinco de Mayo Recipes

Cinco de Mayo is tomorrow!  Are you throwing a little fiesta tonight or tomorrow, or this weekend?  We're having grilled chicken fajitas tonight, but mostly because it's easy and I wanted to use up what I have on hand before we go out of town.  I recently found the most ingenious bowl ever:

uncommon goods

It's a bowl with edges that help push the salsa, guac, etc. back onto your chip!  I hate not getting enough salsa on my chip.  Or when I try to scoop some and it just keeps going over the side of the bowl and onto the table.  Anyway, here are some delicious-looking Mexican recipes I've seen around the web.

Mexican Layer Dip - The Pioneer Woman


Homemade Restaurant Style Salsa - Brown Eyed Baker


Sour Cream Cornbread with Aleppo - smitten kitchen


Chile-Braised Pork Shoulder Tacos - epicurious.com


Mexican Stuffed Red Peppers - Kitchen Scoop


Lime Chipotle Shrimp Tacos - My Baking Addiction


Pan Dulce - Joy the Baker


Margarita Cupcakes - Annie's Eats



What are you doing for Cinco de Mayo?

5 comments:

  1. I love that edged bowl - very cool! And I've been eyeing smitten kitchen's corn bread...looks delish!

    Tomorrow, on cinco de mayo, we'll be taking my 8 month old to her first swimming lesson :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore that bowl. Its so great and it looks beautiful:) Kisses, sweetie

    Ps: I’m hosting a cute necklace GIVEAWAY today! Hope you’ll join in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummm!!
    i just passed on the stylish blogger award to you girl! :)
    http://www.whatkatiesbaking.com/2011/05/cake-ball-trifle-and-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bowl is so smart! I love that website too, they have such fun things! Happy cinco de mayo!

    Tamar

    ReplyDelete
  5. We don't really celebrate Cinco de Mayo here, but I wouldn't mind having some of those stuffed peppers! Those look delish!

    ReplyDelete