Friday, May 20, 2011

Chicken Squares

Throughout our marriage I have really tried to make something different for dinner most nights.  For the first four months I stuck to this, but since then I've slipped up and made a few dinners on more than one occasion.  This recipe is one of those ones that I keep going back to.  I've been eating these chicken squares since I was little, and I love them.  The recipe is originally from a family friend, and these are so easy to make!  And they look quite cute all bundled up; for company it makes a much better presentation than just a casserole or something.


Chicken Squares
2 cups cubed chicken, already cooked
3 oz cream cheese, softened
2 Tbsp melted butter
1/8 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt
2 Tbsp milk
1 Tbsp chopped pimiento (found in the canned vegetable aisle)
8 oz tube of crescent rolls

Blend cream cheese and margarine.  Add salt, pepper, milk, and pimiento; mix well.  Add chicken and stir to combine.  Separate crescent rolls into four rectangles onto ungreased baking sheet.  Pinch the seams together.  Spoon 1/4 of the mixture onto the center of each rectangle.  Pull the four corners of each rectangle to the center and seal with your fingers, creating a little bundle with the chicken mixture inside.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until crescents are golden brown.

9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, these look so delicious! The crescent roll is what sold me. I can see why you keep coming back to it, haha.

    I'm bookmarking this! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes these are our favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yay I really wanted this recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum...these look hearty and delish! I get stuck in cooking ruts too {making the same things} but, hey, when you find a good recipe, you make it (over and over and over again)...why mess with perfection?!?!?

    Happy weekend!

    xx Cat brideblu

    ReplyDelete
  5. How creative! These sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. K I bookmarked this for dinner next week! I have a guideline of using a few new recipes and a few old faves every week:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks soooo DELICIOUS!! Definitely going to try it out this weekend :)

    <3 Belly B

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This sounds delicious! I am going to have to try this one day this week when I'm looking for something quick and easy for dinner. Thanks for sharing!

    P.S. http://themommyhoodadventure.blogspot.com/2011/05/joyful-things.html

    You deserve it! Love ya, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what you're doing is something i always want to do but still not very good at;) I think i'll keep your recipe and try more :)

    love your posts!

    http://foreverunderstated.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete