Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Ice Cream Fail Redeemed

Tonight when we were out running errands, Caleb decided he needed some ice cream.  It is so rare that Caleb wants dessert (other than muffins), so for him to want ice cream is a big deal.  So we decided to stop and get a blizzard at Dairy Queen on our way home.  We pulled into the parking lot and saw all the chairs were on the tables and most of the lights were out.  Fail.  We continued heading home and decided to stop at the next ice cream place we came upon:  Maggie Moo's.  I was actually glad DQ had been closed at this point because Maggie Moo's is so much better.  We drove by and people were inside!    I opened the door and started to walk in, and the girl working goes, "sorry we're closed."  Um excuse me then why are there like five people in line?!  I got irritated at this point, because I just really wanted some Maggie Moo's and it's not fair that those other customers got to satisfy their craving but mine had to go unsatisfied.  Fail again.  So we resorted to the ice cream section at Kroger.  But this is what I found:


Since before last Christmas when I saw advertisements for the Starbucks Peppermint Mocha ice cream, I have had my eyes peeled wanting to buy it.  I don't know how many different grocery stores I have dragged Caleb to in search of this very ice cream.  And then months after I had given up searching, there it is before my eyes!  Of course I bought it.  And oh my goodness it is the best ice cream ever!  So if you need a pick-me-up or are craving a peppermint mocha, buy this ice cream.  It is so delicious!

4 comments:

  1. Yay for an ice cream success!! I LOVE ice cream and totally understand the cravings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this just made me laugh so hard. You are hilareous. p.s that looks SOOO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your ice cream craving was satisfied with something even better than you had imagined! Did Caleb like that kind, too??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! So glad you finally found it :) Now I need to see if I can find it around here...

    ReplyDelete