Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Weekend

I hope everyone had a great Easter weekend!  We were able to go visit my sister and her family in their new home.  Here are some bits and pieces of our weekend.

Rainy weather on the way down...thankfully I had my
travel mug of free tea from Starbucks for Earth Day!


We dyed Easter eggs with the girls.


Isabella got very excited with each egg.


They turned out beautifully!


We made icing and licked the beaters.


We decorated cupcakes.


How cute is that hand!


 Have you ever seen a 2 year-old decorate cupcakes so well?!


We took a lot of pictures before going to church.


We hunted for eggs.  Mallory really got into it.


We loved playing with our nieces!


Other parts of our weekend not pictured:  all of the delicious food we ate all weekend; the guys taking apart a John Deere engine; learning crafting, decorating, and cooking techniques from Lauren; the wonderful Easter service we got to attend; Isabella climbing into my lap wearing her Curious George pj's so we could snuggle; Mallory throwing her giraffe Jacques in the tub, and then her scowling at me while I blow-dried him dry; and fun conversations and hanging out with family!  

I hope all of your Easter weekends were just as wonderful!

4 comments:

  1. This looks like so much fun! I can't believe how big Isabella and Mallory are getting! I'm so glad you had a great time there. You will have to teach me some of your new crafting techniques when we go to the beach! Love you and this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, Isabella's smile at the dyed eggs is just precious!

    Sounds like you enjoyed a wonderful and blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures! I'm so glad you all had so much fun. The girls look so stinkin' cute!! I love the one of Mals running with eggs in hand. She looks so much older. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos! Nice colorful eggs, too. And the best part of baking is licking the bowl and beaters. =)

    ReplyDelete