Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Cranberry White Chocolate Scones

Ooh these scones.  These are the scones that made me fall in love with scones.  I compare every other variety of scone to this one, and it always comes out on top.  This delicious recipe is from my sister Lauren; I can take no credit.  I have nothing more to say; just make these scones and thank me later.


Cranberry White Chocolate Scones
1 3/4 cups flour
3 Tbsp sugar
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup craisins
4-6 Tbsp half and half, plus additional
1/3 cup cold butter
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
coarse sugar crystals

Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl.  Cut in butter using pastry blender until mixture looks like fine crumbs.  Stir in egg, craisins, chocolate chips, and just enough of the 4-6 Tbsp of half and half so the dough leaves the side of the bowl.  Place dough on lightly floured surface; gently roll in flour to coat.  Knead lightly 10 times.  Roll/pat into an 8" circle and place on ungreased cookie sheet.  Cut into eight wedges with sharp knife that has been dipped in flour after each cut.  Don't separate wedges.  Brush top of scones with half and half and sprinkle with sugar crystals (or can use granulated). Bake at 400 degrees for 14-16 minutes, or until golden.  (The thicker the scones, the longer they take to bake - make sure the middle of the circle is not gooey.)  Immediately remove from cookie sheet; carefully separate wedges.  Serve warm, or can store in airtight container and serve later.

8 comments:

  1. She gave me this recipe too. In fact, I'm craving some now. Think I'll go make me a batch . . . =)

    Melissa Kendall

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so delicious! YUM! Do you think I should go to the market to get the ingredients right now? Are they that delicious?

    They sure look scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I got here from Communal Global and I'm so glad I did. I'm always looking for something new to bring to Bible Study...this will be a hit for sure...chocolate and cranberry? A win ,win!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, you should get those ingredients at the market asap! let me know how they turn out :)

    and this is a perfect recipe for Bible study! sometimes my sister serves these as a light dessert

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing the recipe. It has craisns and white choc chips --two ingredients that are a sure hit at our house, --so it looks like I might be giving this recipe a try! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yum!!!! i love scones and cranberry so i hope to make these soon!! our countertop though is made from some weird material that looks like stainless steel but i think it is actually just wood painted with some metallic paint that comes off when you wipe it. so i am worried about making anything i have to roll on the counter. ohh well! these scones looks worth it!! i miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi; just discovered your blog! congrats as it is very nice and interesting! thanks for the recipe!I ´ll definitely try it! kisses

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this type of scone!

    Aron
    www.babymine.net

    ReplyDelete