Thursday, March 10, 2011

Up House!

Remember the Pixar movie Up?  Well I hated the movie because I thought it was way too sad, but I loved all of the shots with the cute little house floating in the sky with all of the balloons attached!  It was so pretty!  But check this out - a real floating house!


This is a real 16x16 house with 300 8-foot balloons attached to it!  National Geographic channel, some scientists, engineers, and balloon pilots teamed up and decided to make this Up-inspired house and test it out!  It reached an altitude of over 10,000 feet and flew for about an hour.  The film they took of this fun event will be part of a National Geographic Channel series called How Hard Can It Be?.  Look for it coming out this fall!




I think these pictures are so beautiful.  Balloons are such happy things!  And I think it's awesome that they actually got a house to float in the air with balloons!  They even set a new world record for the largest balloon cluster flight ever attempted!

Source:  information and photos from My Modern Met and National Geographic Channel


No comments:

Post a Comment